Is Lifestyle and Max the same?
“We all love a little shopping therapy and sometimes the impulse to buy is too strong to deny; But if we’re being honest, the smart shopper in all of us is looking for the incentives that will make the “perfect purchase” even more rewarding. Whether it’s a buy one, get one free offer or just a seasonal sale, the price of loyalty cannot be overlooked. The guys at Shoppers Stop have just the thing to keep us fashionistas coming back for more with their First Citizen loyalty program. Being a Shoppers Stop First Citizen not only means exclusive benefits and offers, but also: previews of upcoming collections, exclusive checkouts (we all hate waiting in line after a long day of shopping), and reward points for every purchase at Shoppers Stop.
In these two retro commercials, Shoppers Stop humorously tells the story of the benefits of loyalty through the metaphor of a young Indian schoolboy. Of course, even a child can find out that the benefits of Shoppers Stop’s First Citizen loyalty program are not to be missed. What are you waiting for?”
Opportunities in Shoppers Stop’s SWOT Analysis
- Technology: Shoppers Stop has always been known for implementing innovative retail technologies. It is her relentless pursuit to innovate and introduce new technology solutions to bring customers a pleasant shopping experience. The latest initiative is Click and Collect and Delivers from the next Store, which explores the multi-channel in-store experience and offers a personalized service to stores, where partners are empowered to engage with customers via mobile devices associate. In the future, innovation will introduce some new technologies to help the consumer have a great experience with the stores to create and enhance brand identity.
- Premium segment products can be targeted.
- Opportunity to obtain foreign direct investment for business operations.
- New malls and malls are emerging. Where Shoppers Stop can be opened to increase their sales.
- The growing culture in malls is attracting people to visit big stores. Shoppers Stop must appeal to all segments of society.
- The proliferation of private label has created confusion in retail. Many of the other retail outlets benefit from their own private label. Shoppers Stop is facing a downturn in its own brands.
- People in big cities are generally particularly lethargic when it comes to leaving their homes and often tend to shop online. As a result, companies like Amazon and Flipkart are now a major threat to most retailers.
- Online startups are the hottest trend in India. Many of these are aggregators, bringing producers and consumers together at low cost. These companies are the new threats all the more as many new brands are emerging in the aggregation industry, mainly due to lower barriers to entry.
- Global competitors.
- Disorganized retail is also a major threat.
- Government policies and regulations related to the retail sector.
- International players ready to open stores in India.